Single Status Apostille

Single Status Affidavit - CaliforniaDo you need a Single Status Apostille?

We provide fast same-day apostille service for a Single Status Affidavit issued from the County Clerk’s office.

If you are planning to get married in another country who is a member of the Hague Apostille Convention, you’ll be asked to provide a document called a Single Status Affidavit.  In some countries, you may also be required to provide this documentation for employment.

Some countries may also refer to this document as:

No Record of Marriage
Certificate of Freedom to Marry
Certificate of No Impediment for Marriage
Certificate of No Record – Marriage

The purpose of this document is to provide proof that you are currently not married to another person.  If you have been previously married, you may be also required to provide proof that you are divorced. A Divorce Decree Apostille can be obtained from the Court.

You can obtain the Single Status Affidavit from the local County Clerk.  In the State of California, there are 58 County Clerk offices.  Please check with the County Clerk first.  You can also ask an attorney to prepare this document for you.  If you are outside the country, you can visit the local US Embassy or US Consulate office where the U.S. Federal notary will notarize an affidavit from you stating you are single.

If the country requesting your Single Status Affidavit is not a member of the Hague Apostille Convention, then your documents may require further authentication through the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C. and legalization through the Embassy / Consulate office. Our Staff in D.C. can handle your Department of State and legalization requests quickly.

Apostilles can be complicated. Don’t leave this process to untrained employees or non-professionals who do not fully understand the Apostille process and the unique requirements of certain countries. Your paperwork could be rejected costing you time and money. Don’t let this happen to you!

Please click on the map below to view the processing time and cost for each U.S. State. Please Contact Us with any questions you may have.