Single Status Affidavit – California

We can obtain a California Apostille for your Single Status Affidavit issued from any of the 58 County Clerk’s in California.  If you’re located in Los Angeles County, you can obtain one from the County Clerk’s office in Los Angeles.  If you’re located in another County, please contact your local County clerk for assistants.

If you are planning to get married in another country who is a member of the Hague Apostille Convention, you’ll be asked to provide a document called a Single Status Affidavit.

Some countries may also refer to this document as:

Certification of No Record of Marriage
Certificate of Freedom to Marry
Certificate of No Impediment for Marriage

Many foreign countries require a document for proof of No Record of Marriage before you are allowed to get married in their country. If you have left the country, you can have an immediate family member (Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, Son, Daughter, Grandma, Grandpa, and Attorney) help you get this document from the County Clerk’s Office.

We’re available to help you Monday – Saturday 8am to 7pm.  Call us at 1-888-810-4054 or 1-310-876-8489.