Certification of No Record – Marriage

We can obtain a California Apostille for your Certification of No Record of Marriage from the County Clerk’s office in Los Angeles.  There are 58 different counties in California and each one operates a little different.  If you’re located in Los Angeles County, you can obtain one from the County Clerk’s office.

If you are planning to get married in another country who is a member of the Hague Apostille Convention, you’ll be asked to provide a document called a Certification of No Record of Marriage.

Some countries may also refer to this document as:

Single Status Affidavit
Certificate of Freedom to Marry
Certificate of No Impediment for Marriage

Many foreign countries require a document for proof of No Record of Marriage before you are allowed to get married in their country. If you currently reside or have recently resided in California and need proof of No Record of Marriage for a foreign country, you need to make a request at the local County Clerk’s office.  There are 58 counties in California who can help you obtain this letter. If your County Clerk is unable to assist you, please contact us.

Check with the proper authorities (Foreign Country) regarding what type of documentation will be required from you. Please be sure to clearly specify to the County Clerk that you need a Certification of no Record of Marriage Letter.  Also, many countries ask for your an Apostille on your Birth Certificate and Divorce Decree by the California Superior Court (If you were previously married) in addition to the No Record of Marriage.  Be sure you obtain a list of all documents requested by the foreign country in order to avoid any delays and additional costs.

Here is an example from the San Diego County Clerk’s Office:

This document will have your name, event (Marriage), the periods searched from, and signed by the County Clerk.

We’re available to help you Monday – Saturday 8am to 7pm.  Call us at 1-888-810-4054 or 1-310-876-8489.